Old May 28th 08, 12:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

Default Phoenix Lander from oribt!!!!!

On May 27, 8:44*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
wrote: just just.......... *I'm not sure
if they have ID'd the glint yet but soon come, soon come. This
looks a _lot_ like the backshield:http://fawkes4.lpl.arizona.edu/
images.php?gID=509&cID=8 I wonder if that ridge in the distance is
the rim of the crater in the descent photo? This is the first Mars
terrain from any of the five landers that looks very markedly
different from the rest; this area may not be very exciting to look
at, but a rover would have a very easy time transversing this
terrain, as you could tell it to drive quite a distance in any
direction you wanted without worrying about it running into (or
falling off of) anything. I think the rovers have spoiled me; I want
Phoenix to go up the rim of that big crater and peek into it. :-)
PatI agree it's going to take a while to get excited by a trench.*
That lack of scenery change will bore a lot of folks!* The microscope
should be somewhat of a replacement.* I wonder if the tundra surface
is like ours here on earth.* It does look like the landing pads went
in some, and that crustal fracturing around the pad may inidicate that
it may not be all that supportive.* My coin is with the distant mtns
being the crater rim that framed the* pic of Phoenix coming