Old July 26th 04, 03:36 PM
Scott T. Jensen

Default Could a bullet be made something that could go from orbit to Earth's surface?

"Alain Fournier" wrote:
Scott T. Jensen wrote:
"Doug..." wrote:
Since you're adding energy to the bullet's orbit perpendicular
to its orbital direction, you're not going to raise or lower its
*overall* altitude.

Oh, I see. Hmmm. What if it was fired from a geo-stationary
(fixed over a location on Earth) orbit straight down at the Earth?

It would enter an elliptical orbit. The bullet would never get
close to Earth.

Please elaborate. I don't see why it wouldn't hit the Earth.

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...