Old February 28th 04, 05:34 AM
Tim Auton

"Fleetie" wrote:
"Pete Lawrence" wrote
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lawre...Earthshine.jpg

Are those colour images? On the 20s image, I detect a bluish
hue to the Earthshine on the "dark" part, which perhaps is
to be expected given the colour of out planet. Curious to know
if that blue colour I'm seeing is "real" or some artifact.

That raises an interesting question[1]: Are changes in the colour and
intensity of earthshine as different parts of the earth (land/ocean)
are doing most of the "shining"[2] detectable?

Tim

[1] Interesting to me, anyway
[2] Mainly reflection of the sun of course, but might we detect
man-made light - or at least how large a contribution might it have? I
suspect undetectably tiny.
--
Love is a travelator.