Old November 24th 18, 11:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Nexstar 90 mm f/10 refractor

On Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 3:53:27 PM UTC-8, RichA wrote:
On Saturday, 24 November 2018 16:52:11 UTC-5, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 7:16:22 AM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:

Most mount don't have sat. tracking built in, it has to be hooked up to a PC and software does the trick!

My 25" dob is equipped with ServoCat and Argo Navis and can track satellites without needing a computer... but the AN *is* a computer, of sorts. From the manual...

"Argo Navis™ has a powerful 32 bit CPU at its heart that will guide you continuously to keep track of satellites. The sophisticated software even accounts for precession and atmospheric refraction."

Wonder if anyone ever got knocked off their ladder using a big Dob to track satellites?

It is folly to even try to track a satellite while on the ladder of a big dob. It is hard enough to track a satellite that is low enough to have both feet on the ground. The eyepiece on my dob is about 8 feet from the azimuth pivot, so it moves pretty quickly!