Old July 29th 17, 07:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The Great American Eclipse

This is the only arena in which to express or promote the upcoming eclipse in a new light and I am sure that if things were normal this expression would be accepted without opposition. This is not the era of Copernicus when the contemporary geocentric astronomers were lost as to how to incorporate their predictive framework with the insight of Copernicus that the Earth moved and the Sun was the center of the solar system. Contemporaries today ,on the other hand, act like thugs and spoiled brats so better to say nothing than the histrionics that this topic does not deserve.

http://en.es-static.us/upl/2016/11/r...7595696172.jpg

In a few weeks observers will be faced with that wonderful glimpse of the planets and stars with the Sun in the frame and I wish I was there to experience it. The normal working language which makes sense of the motions and positions of those planets and stars to the Earth and to the central Sun is for astronomers insofar as without that language there is nothing left of astronomy .