Old December 17th 16, 03:10 PM posted to sci.astro.research
[email protected]

Default Redshift when CBR energy density = energy density of all other radiation

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 1:09:29 PM UTC-8, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

Maybe you've got this covered in starlight, but dust is a major
contributor in the IR;

It gets heated by normal stars, supernovae, AGN, etc. One shouldn't
count it twice.

Yes, dust glows in IR, but, I'm seeking sources of energy production.
There are no energy producing processes going on in dust. They just
absorb and re emit starlight, wavelength shifted to IR.

Collisions, yes, but that's so rare I can't imagine it's significant.

SNIa and SNII are both significant, somewhat surprisingly given how rare
they are per galaxy. Especially SNII neutrino energy, that surprised
me.

AGN emission is one I'm working on at the moment. I haven't found an
estimate for numbers of galaxies that go through the agn phase.

rt