Old October 9th 16, 02:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Vaughn Simon

Default Where else in our solar system could humanity colonize, besidesmars?

On 10/9/2016 3:44 AM, wrote:
That still doesn't solve the problem of Mars' inadequate gravity.

Where is the proof that the reduced Mars gravity is a problem at all?

The only solid evidence we have to go by is rather limited (maximum one
year) exposure to ZERO gravity for a very few individuals.
Extrapolating ZERO gravity research to apply to partial gravity is
fraught many questionable assumptions. For real people dealing with
real life on Mars over many generations, .38 G might logically prove to
be an advantage that ultimately extends human longevity. We simply have
no way of knowing because we have no way of running the experiment.