Old August 18th 08, 05:58 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.math,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
Mike Jr.

Default TRUTH IN THE CIA ZOMBIE WORLD

On Aug 18, 12:11 am, BradGuth wrote:
On Aug 17, 7:48 pm, "Mike Jr." wrote:

On Aug 17, 6:22 am, Ian Parker wrote:

On 17 Aug, 01:07, wrote:

Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.

So, what we say or think about reality doesn't impact reality at all.
The only thing impacted by our thoughts and words is us.

To the degree we understand reality and operate in the real world, to
that degree we are effective and obtain those things we want from
reality.

To the degree we do not understand reality and do not operate in the
real world, to that degree we are ineffective and are at risk of not
achieving our goals.

This is true, but also misleading. In the Physical World you can only
produce an airplane that flies well by understanding the laws of
aerodynamics, by putting your plane in a simulation and running
hydrocodes.

If on the other hand you base your theories on an intersaction between
electromagnetism and gravity and carry a tank of Mercury you might get
something that flies, but not well and by accident.

What you say in untrue in the sense that:-

1) Good ideas need backing, and if money is being spent on daft ideas
there is that much left to go round.

2) It is a truism that no country has ever voted in a Communist
government. The same is true of a Nazi government. Even in Germany
only about a third of the population actually voted for Hitler. In
Pakistan no democratic potitician talks about being a Fascist or
supporting the Taleban. The fact of having Nazis in the intelligence
services is a real threat to everyone.

No one, either in Iraq or the US actually voted for Saddam Hussein. If
you had held a referendum in the US I doubt very much whether SH would
have been put into power. Certainly the Iraqis NEVER voted for him. Mr
Al Maliki (name means "King" in Arabic) may have many faults, but he
is at least a democratic choice.

To have the CIA (or the ISI) being a totally unelected body is
dangerous for the rest of us. Antigravity and the frequency of anti
Relativity postings indicate the views of some of these unelected
officials.

BTW - Could someone explain to me why antigravity is still heavily
classified. It is crap and is known to be crap.

If you want to safeguard yourself against Earth Crossing asteroids you
need an accurate determination of orbit followed by a "nudge" of mm/
sec. General Relativity is therefore of great importance. Of course
the anti Relativists are unconcerned. I recall that when I last posted
on this topic the posting got hijacked by the right wing. I don't
think they care about "reality".

- Ian Parker

Ian,
I must admit to being totally confused by this thread. Are you
stating that the CIA is behind the delusional postings on relativity
being a fraud? Why would they bother? Did I miss something? Do you
have evidence?

The CIA is subject to oversight. Also, I always felt that one reason
that the NSA hired boy scouts was to keep an eye on CIA. ;-)

The ISI got spanked for their support of the Taliban. I once had a co-
worker who was a retired officer in the Indian AF ask me why the US
supported Pakistan. My reply was "Would you prefer a Pakistan where
the US had no influence?" Who is Pakistan going to turn to? Russia
or China? Ask the Afghanis and Tibetans, respectively, how that worked
out.

Rereading this, one final question. What does any of this have to do
with physics?

--Mike Jr

MI5/CIA (aka DARPA) does whatever makes them happy campers. There is
no official public oversight of our intellectual and scientific cartel/
cable.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Brad,
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is tiny compared to the
CIA. Both DARPA and the CIA have Congressional oversight. DARPA is
run out of the Pentagon (not CIA) and Congress approves/disapproves
funding for all projects. I assume, not being a UK national, that
Parliament oversees MI5. The Defense Science board reviews and
recommends research directions for the Pentagon. I once knew a member
and he was a straight arrow. Whatever is going on it's probably not
what you think. DARPA's agenda is not controlled by a small cabal but
rather has to try and satisfy the many competing demands from its many
customers.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA

--Mike Jr