Old August 18th 08, 05:00 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.math,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
BradGuth

Default TRUTH IN THE CIA ZOMBIE WORLD

On Aug 17, 3:22 am, Ian Parker wrote:
On 17 Aug, 01:07, wrote:

Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.

So, what we say or think about reality doesn't impact reality at all.
The only thing impacted by our thoughts and words is us.

To the degree we understand reality and operate in the real world, to
that degree we are effective and obtain those things we want from
reality.

To the degree we do not understand reality and do not operate in the
real world, to that degree we are ineffective and are at risk of not
achieving our goals.

This is true, but also misleading. In the Physical World you can only
produce an airplane that flies well by understanding the laws of
aerodynamics, by putting your plane in a simulation and running
hydrocodes.

If on the other hand you base your theories on an intersaction between
electromagnetism and gravity and carry a tank of Mercury you might get
something that flies, but not well and by accident.

What you say in untrue in the sense that:-

1) Good ideas need backing, and if money is being spent on daft ideas
there is that much left to go round.

Daft ideas are about the only things getting funded. Especially
funded are those of inert eye-candy and thus faith-based failsafe
sorts of daft ideas.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth