Old June 8th 05, 09:02 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Watching on TV the Indianapolis race is not all that exciting or
interesting. The cars look like ants going around,and very hard to
relate their 225 mph speed on a flat screen. Turn the sound off and with
out that zooming sound its duller still. I*t is no wonder that movies
are shown bigger than life. How scary would Frankenstien monster be if
not for that 16 foot screen Bert

The Indianapolis 500 can be run nowadays in a very reasonable length of
time, because of the high speeds they attain now. When I was a kid, it
took hours longer. I seem to remember even listening to it on radio
(maybe the TV was broken). I'll bet you can remember when it was
really an all day affair!

I used to have a picture of Eddie Rickenbacker driving in the race.
The cars sure looked different in those days. In 1914 it took Eddie
7h03m34.59s to complete the race in his Duesenberg (didn't win).

Double-A