Old January 18th 04, 12:04 AM
Scott Lowther

Charles Buckley wrote:

Scott Lowther wrote:
Matt Periolat wrote:

Oh for... see, this is what I was afraid of. Granted, something like HST cannot
last forever, but it seems we're sacrificing something....

So, fly repair missions with something other than Shuttle.

What? You mean like flying a Soyuz from Kourou?

Or D-IVs from Canaveral. Or Falcon V's from Texas. Or Pioneer
Trailblazers from Oklahoma.

It doesn't matter *how* the servicing is done or from where using what
launcher, just so's it's done economically. I mean, jeez. A Shuttle HST
mission costs $500M. Give $500M to a commercial concern, and they'll
probably be able to build and launch an entire HST-class scopesat for
that price.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam