Old January 26th 04, 12:46 AM
Greg

Default Rover brains?

Archibald wrote in message ...
Uhh...i heard something about extensive use of JAVA. I just hope it
wasn't in rover itself. It's nice for rebootable web-based systems but i
can't stand the tought of bloated, buggy code running inside the poor rover.

Bad code is a very strong function of the programmers and only a weak
function of language. C/C++/Ada/Java can all end up as bloated buggy
code. I have worked on code where Assembly would have been just as
easy to read if written properly in the first place.

IMHO it's the code review process as well as the coding environment
that can make all the difference. ie managers that have the attitude
of "just get it done on time on matter what" are generally managers to
avoid.

Greg