Old January 25th 04, 06:00 PM
Jorge R. Frank

Default Rover brains?

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in
:

"hrtbreak" wrote in
m:

JPL has some limited information about the Mars rover electronics and
the VME bus:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/missi...er_brains.html

What kind of CPU and O/S are the rovers using (or do I really want to
know)?

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/ny-
hstech233638933jan23,0,3818247.story?coll=ny-health-headlines

"It uses a 20-megahertz PowerPC processor, the same chip family that
is used in Apple's Macintosh, about 1/100 as fast as a contemporary
PC. It has 128 MB of RAM, according to the Wind River Web site, the
company that makes the VxWorks operating system the computer uses."

Disregard this answer; I've been told on Deep Background that Newsday got
it wrong, and the RAD6000 answer provided by others is correct.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.