Old August 15th 17, 06:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default Amazon (and Ebay?) flooded with unsafe eclipse viewers?

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 9:41:43 AM UTC-7, Mike Collins wrote:
StarDust
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 8:56:06 AM UTC-7, RichA wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/13/news...nds/index.html

Note it appears the black polymer Baader film might not be suitable for
eyes-only eclipse viewing too.

LOL! I remember back in the old days, use to hold a piece of glass over a
candle to cover it with soot than use it to view the eclipse.
After 40 years, I still have 20/20 vision!

For the first solar eclipse I can remember my teacher gave every pupil a
piece of blotting paper with a needle hole in it. We watched the eclipse
through the hole.
For the next eclipse the teacher (not the same one) gave us all folded
black and white film negatives.

I bet , was not certified by OSA, CE, government and CIA and still worked? (o: