Old February 15th 11, 02:09 PM posted to sci.space.tech
Jeff Findley

Default Question about Centrifugal Gravity

In article 93da4e6e-38dd-40de-93b9-1b11ddbfe026

@s11g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, says...

So a lot of movies, TV shows, illustrations, etc., show spacecraft

generating "gravity" via rotating hull sections. In many cases, this

rotating section spins around a stationary central hull.

The question I have for those more knowledgeable in this area than I

is: What is the connection between these two sections? Obviously

there shouldn't be a physical connection between the two hull sections

(right?). But would this mean space enough between the spinnning hull

and the stationary hull for the interior atmosphere to escape? Or is

it sealed somehow?

Sorry if this is a beginner's or nitpicker's question; it's just

something that I've been wondering about for a while.

Thanks in advance to everyone who'll help me expand my knowledge

here.

--James

Example he

Nautilus-X - NASA's Multi-mission Space Exploration Vehicle Concept

http://www.onorbit.com/node/2970

In the above article is a link to the "full document" (Powerpoint).

Jeff

--

" Solids are a branch of fireworks, not rocketry. :-) :-) ", Henry

Spencer 1/28/2011