Old February 15th 11, 11:35 AM posted to sci.space.tech
James W

Default Question about Centrifugal Gravity

So a lot of movies, TV shows, illustrations, etc., show spacecraft
generating "gravity" via rotating hull sections. In many cases, this
rotating section spins around a stationary central hull.

The question I have for those more knowledgeable in this area than I
is: What is the connection between these two sections? Obviously
there shouldn't be a physical connection between the two hull sections
(right?). But would this mean space enough between the spinnning hull
and the stationary hull for the interior atmosphere to escape? Or is
it sealed somehow?

Sorry if this is a beginner's or nitpicker's question; it's just
something that I've been wondering about for a while.

Thanks in advance to everyone who'll help me expand my knowledge
here.

--James