Old August 6th 03, 07:27 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default BBCi/space forum is moderated by NASA or by their external NASA Borgs

In message , Jay Windley
writes

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
. com...

| Thanks ever so much to Jonathan Silverlight, for your
| terrific feedback, as I'll certainly apply such logic
| in future corrections, that's of your essentially correcting
| the likes of Wizard Jay Windley, as pertaining to lunar mass
| offering "almost immeasurably small" secondary radiation

Translation: I only pay attention to stuff that I already agree with.

As Jonathan noted, and as I agreed, his "correction" was a mere nitpick.
Secondary radiation from the moon is, of course, detectable for imaging and
remote sensing purpose. But it has almost no effect on the human
physiology.

A good analogy might be starlight. It's certainly detectable both by the
naked eye and with our instruments. But you don't put on sunblock to go out
and bask in a starlit night. Nor would your dermatologist be able to detect
any "radiation damage" from starlight.

| I'll even offer his name (Jay Windley) as bonafide credit for
| such insight, unless that's cutting too much of yourself out
| of the action.

Keep my name out of *anything* you write. You've been putting words in my
mouth for days now. I wouldn't trust you to represent my statements
correctly even if you were asked at gunpoint to do it.

And keep my name out too :-) I wasn't supporting you, Brad, in any way.
But I like Jay Windley's starlight analogy and only wish I'd thought of
using it.
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"