Old January 17th 17, 02:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Gill

Default The Second Century B. C.

On 1/17/2017 1:29 AM, Chris.B wrote:
On Monday, 16 January 2017 23:21:05 UTC+1, Quadibloc wrote:
I found another book, with an even more relevant title...

https://archive.org/details/an_inves...entific_201612

but it also turns out to be by a flat earther.

John Savard

I have an absolute test of Flat Earthers beliefs.
One stands on a cliff edge and carefully notes the appearance of a ship on the horizon.
Then one jumps while taking careful, handwritten notes of the constantly changing appearance of the ship as one descends.
Later publication of the results can be made by arrangement with the undertaker.
Or, if one is not allergic to modern technology:
One can use a camera drone to achieve much the same result but at greater, personal expense.

Maybe not. If you include the cost of the funeral the
cost of jumping off the cliff will probably exceed the
cost of the drone.

Bill