Old May 24th 07, 05:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
D van den H[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Cherry Springs State Park

George very nice pictures thx for sharing,
unfortunetly we don't have these kind of meetings here in holland.but i sure
like to attend one!
Perhaps when i am in your country when i visit one of my (airline) vendor
meetings :-)
reg
Dirk

"George Normandin" wrote in message
Cherry Springs State Park is Pennsylvania's only "astronomy park". Very
remote, with very dark sky. However, it does have AC power on the
observing field, water, and two domes and a roll-off available for rental
(BYO scopes). They plan on putting in flush toilets, a classroom, and a
planetarium this fall. The state runs astronomy programs on Saturday
evenings. This is the home of the CSSP each spring and the Black Forest
Star Party each fall. The total capacity is about 500 people on the
observing field. It costs $4 per night to camp/observe here and there is
another small fee for AC power use. There's a pay phone across the road -
cell phones don't work here.

The pic shows some apple trees in the forested section of the park.

I'll try and post a few more pic's from CSSP in a few days.

George N