Old April 30th 13, 09:13 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.math,sci.physics.electromag
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_]

Default pi is not unique but Fine Structure is unique dimensionless constantChapt15.57 "pi of physics" #1334 New Physics #1537 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Now I may have made mistakes in saying dimensionless constants and
dimensional constants in my previous post, by mixing them up in the
discussion. Pi in mathematics is a dimensionless constant only in
Euclidean geometry and is a variable in Elliptic and Hyperbolic
geometry. So pi is not a unique dimensionless constant throughout
geometry of mathematics. So is there a unique number in all of
mathematics and physics that is a dimensionless constant?

And what I wanted to say about the Fine Structure Constant of physics
is that it is a unique Dimensionless Constant when all three
geometries are used as a whole. So that the Universe has only one
unique dimensionless constant-- the Fine Structure Constant. It is
never a variable as pi is a variable when not in Euclidean geometry.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium