Old June 9th 11, 02:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Private, uncrewed, suborbital test flights to start this year.

On Jun 9, 9:37*am, Sylvia Else wrote:
On 8/06/2011 10:57 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:

In ,
says...

On 8/06/2011 6:08 AM, Marvin the Martian wrote:
BFD.

I'm sorry, but there are private companies out there putting things into
orbit RIGHT NOW.

What this "Virgin Galactic" thing is, is a big sounding rocket.

BFD! They can't do NOW with today's technology what NASA and North
American Aviation was doing in 1959 with the X-15. This is literally half
a century old technology here.

Why are people so fascinated with this silly program?

Because they've been deceived into thinking it's a stepping stone to
real space tourism, which it isn't.

What is "real space tourism" and why don't suborbital flights count?

I mean it's not a stepping stone. In particular, it's not a stepping
stone to space tourism that involves orbiting the planet.

Sylvia.- Hide quoted text -

So wilbur and orville werent the creator of a stepping stone to jet
flight?