Old February 25th 04, 07:38 PM
Volker Hetzer

Default Wormlike Structures in Meridiani Outcrop on Mars

"Not My Name" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news
If you see here fossiles of worms (and spherules), it might be because the
ancient martian life forms used this place to .. you know. I suppose they
don't have any gas evaporation measurement device on board? What a smell!

If we ever find life (existing) in Mars, what energy it would possibly use
to sustain it's growth?

It could use chemical energy by oxydizing stuff, it could use the energy
of mars' molten core (does it have one?) or it could *have* used
anything when it was available and have gone dormant since then. Spores
can endure hostile environments for a really long time. There is speculation
about bacteria being able to endure millions of years in space rocks as
long as they are shielded from the radiation.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker