Old October 24th 03, 12:53 AM
Rand Simberg

Default DARPA getting that X-prize type feeling

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:47:52 -0400, in a place far, far away, Ed Ruf
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Exploring Ideas for Prizes in Aeronautics

Mr. Gregg Maryniak, Executive Director of the X Prize Foundation, will give
a short briefing about the impact of prizes in the evolution of aeronautics
in Europe and the US during the early 1900s. Following the briefing, small
group and one-on-one discussions will be convened. The purpose of the
meetings are to get ideas on how prizes might be used by NASA to stimulate
advances in aeronautics. Mr. Maryniak is working on a special study for
NASA Headquarters and is accompanied by Mr. Brant Sponberg from the NASA
Comptrollers' office.

The briefing was held Tuesday, October 21 at LaRC.

Yes, but heaven forfend that we should have any for space!

Since when is Brant at NASA? Didn't he used to work for Isakowitz?
Anyone know when he left OMB?