Old July 25th 03, 07:21 AM
Thomas Juerges

Default Help with Finger Lakes IMG1024S camera under Linux

Dear Matthew,

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:51:54 +0000, Matthew McCleary wrote:

My attempts to make Finger Lakes' driver, fli.o, work under Linux have
failed. I've tried both the binary supplied driver and a driver I
compiled from Finger Lakes' source code. Either driver results in
communications timeout errors (specifically, syslog reports error -62,
"timer expired.")

If you are familiar with GNU C and make, you should try the example
program takepic which comes with the FLI development kit. Just do a make
in the lib directory to build the library and then change to the
unix/takepic directory to do a make there, too.

A run of takepic should give you a lot of information about the cam and
take an exposure if you pass arguments as appropriate, i.e. a basename
for the images taken by takepic. If you are interested in, send the
output to my email address and I'll have a closer look on it.

Is there anyone, anywhere who is using this camera successfully under
Linux?

Not this type of FLI cam but a different model and with USB and it works
pefectly. By the way, you are using RedHat 7.2 and it may be a
permission problem of the printer entry in /dev. But to provide you with
more help, I need more information about what happens.

tech support is slow and unknowledgeable.

Oh, I cannot agree to this point. The library developer (Jim Moronski)
seems to me to be very kind and helpful. Best regards,
Thomas