Old November 8th 18, 04:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

Default What will be the result??

On 11/6/2018 9:41 PM, Daniel60 wrote:
wrote on 7/11/2018 11:38 AM:
It is very important to note, that the
Milky Way - Andromeda thing is really only a merger.

There will be no actual colliding of anything !

Typical spacing between stars is like two baseballs, one in NYC and
the other in Chicago. Way too much space for any collisions.

A lot of local galaxies seem to be very slowly seperating,
but not these two.

But, given the numbers of Stars and stuff involved, I wouldn't be
surprised if there was a collision or two!!

Well, that is what I would have thought.
If the galaxies hold themselves together in a loose
fashion with gravity.
Then it would make some sense that two stars headed
towards the same general area, would have some
gravitation pull on each other.
And they might curve each other into a mutual
collision.