Old August 9th 13, 03:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Martha Adams

Default Rise of the Surveillance State and the Fall of the IndividualEntrepreneur

On 8/8/2013 1:36 AM, Brad Guth wrote:
On Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:16:44 AM UTC-7, wrote:

snip

Think about the incredible narrowmindedness and ignorance in scientific practice today, as it rolls out the politics and economics that approaches the criminal, and you've got status-quo science reaching its nemesis with human civilization. The people who continue to clone and propagate this technology are the ignorant gangsters, control freaks, and parasites, along with the MM, who equate power in numbers with the power to destroy anything that gets in their way of controlling how the profits are made, and how these profits are to be distributed to themselves, and they implement state control through the useful idiot enforcement of their establishment protocol. They are the same people that created Hitler as a wind-up toy, set to be released as soon as the Neville Chamberlain "moment of peace" with der Fuhrer was accepted lock, stock, and barrel.

big snip

Oligarchs and Bilderbergs still get to do as they please, regardless of whomever we elect or appoint.

Seems to me, the only way you can say such as the above, is to know
almost nothing of what you're talking about. As antidote, I suggest,

1) C.P. Snow, The Two Cultures;

2) J. Bronowski, The Ascent of Man;

3) A. Korzybski, Science and Sanity;

4) T.S. Kuhn, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (latest available
edition),

which list is too easily extended, but I think these are valuable books
about basics. ...Well, one mo

C.M. Smith, Anthropology for Dummies,

which isn't at all a book for dummies: it is an uncommonly well
structured book that presents basics we all need.

I think nobody is going to "understand" today's world. In part, because
much of what makes it what it is, is hidden. But I do believe, the
books I mention here amount to a helpful guide.

And, *beware too-general statements.* They both mark and make a closed
mind.

Titeotwawki -- Martha Adams [Fri 2013 Aug 09]