Old June 23rd 05, 11:01 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Landing a rover on Mars north pole is much harder to do than on its
equator,and yet the north pole with its white cap has the most important
information. Here is what I would do. Have two low orbiting
satellites the first to drop a bomb on the white cap that would blast
debris(gas dust and hopefully water vapor) that the second satellite can
pick up and analyze,as it moves through. This blast would create a new
crater and you can learn a lot from a new crater. It is like digging a
fast hole and if its 45 feet deep it gives you a peep inside. Reality
of NASA is it likes to play it safe by going back to the equator where
its analyzing equipment has over the last 32 years has shown not a
molecule of water in a billion parts of tested samples. The north pole
has always been the most logical place to look for water,and that is the
best reason the brains of NASA only look at the equator. Many Moons ago
I suggested a clean fission bomb for making such a crater,but I was told
that was not nice. Bert

Why not just nuke the whole polar cap, Bert?

Then maybe we can detect some water vapor!

Double-A