Old October 29th 10, 04:26 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Jupiter & Ganymede

On Oct 28, 12:30*pm, John Aldridge wrote:
In article ,
says...

Yes, looks like it... so that's a C14, right?

Nearly. A C14 (http://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?ProdID=114) is a
particular model of telescope made by Celestron. This picture appears to
be of a roughly equivalent Meade.

To me, that photograph doesn't look like anything past an 11-incher.
Meade makes a 16-inch SCT, but I didn't think it ever made a 14-inch
SCT. Maybe the club does own a C14, and they accidentally put a
picture of a smaller Meade on the web site instead.

Ah, but a web search

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grantbrummett/4524575304/

tells me I'm mistaken, and Meade does make 14 inch SCTs.

John Savard