Old October 27th 10, 05:18 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Mark Ayliffe[_2_]

Default Jupiter & Ganymede

On or about 2010-10-27,
Paulo J. Matos illuminated us with:

Sorry for tracking you down online but what kind of telescope do you
have here?
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.ay...s/BENQ1022.JPG

That's just a cheap hand-held thing that happens to project the sun
well without melting anything inside itself. It was a great way to
follow the Venus transit, but fairly useless for anything else
astronomical. I wouldn't try doing that with anything expensive due to
the possibility of damaging something by heating it inside. I used
that setup to show the event to some of the children at our local
school.

--
Mark
Real email address | You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and