Old August 31st 03, 11:43 AM
Roger Hamlett

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote in message
In message , Roger
Hamlett writes

"Chris Mitchell" wrote in message
I live in South East England, is it too late for me to see Mars with

the
naked eye?

If not when and where should I look?

TIA.

Not too late. It'll be visible for several months.
Depends on the time of night. It is now rising soon after dusk, in the

ESE.
By about 2pm, it gets to due south.

Shouldn't that be 1 am, BST (midnight GMT)? Opposition was last month,
when it was due south at local midnight.
But Mars is now so bright you can't possibly miss it. The only thing
brighter in the night sky is the Moon, which will be full and nearby on
September 10.

Yes. I put pm in by mistake, I have been shooting a lot of solar images
recently...
Just checked 12:54am local time.

Best Wishes