Old January 21st 09, 02:14 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Shuttle Certification Question

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:08:23 -0600, in a place far, far away, Brian
Thorn made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:39:11 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

My thesis is that all this talk about "recertification" of the Shuttle
to fly it past 2010 is post-Columbia hooey, but I'd like to verify
that.

I think there was vague talk of it after the 1999 flow liner issues.

Cite?

Even if true, the notion that Orbiters were originally "certified" for
ten years and a hundred flights were nonsensical. Where are the
"certificates"?