Old October 27th 05, 07:57 PM
Jerry

Default Absorption lines are unaffected by Doppler shift.

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message oups.com...

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message oups.com...
Henri Wilson wrote:

I take that to mean you have no evidence that IR comes
from the same layer as visible.

Henri,
1) How big does the Sun look in visible light?
2) How big does the Sun look in IR light?
3) How big does the Sun look in UV light?
4) How big does the Sun look at radio frequencies?

5) How big does the Sun look in X_rays?

Watch Henri invent another eponymous law to explain
why our observations of the Sun aren't relevant...

He will probably say something silly like for instance:
"I don't think we can judge the whole
universe by our local knowledge of it."

;-)
Dirk Vdm

If Henri had ANY knowledge of solar physics, he would have
caught you on X-rays. The photosphere is very dim in X-rays.
http://science.msfc.nasa.gov/ssl/pad/solar/corona.htm

He didn't correct you, which just goes to show how totally
ignorant he is.

Jerry