Old October 25th 07, 06:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Holmes in Halpha

Richard Crisp wrote:
it's the filter I had handy :-)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/com...olmes_page.htm

I got thinking later (after the clouds rolled in) that I should have
done that for the lum image. But at the time I didn't know it was
mostly dust we were seeing not gas. That's usually so far out of the Ha
passband to be invisible.

I leave for a few days starting tomorrow so can't follow it but then the
clouds are to be back so it doesn't much matter.

Rick