Old March 28th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 3310

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I imaged NGC 3310 on January 25 but didn't get enough frames because of
clouds, so I added some more exposures on March 11. NGC 3310 is one of
those objects that are hard to display because the core is so much
brighter than the halo.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/7, G11 mount, SXV-H9
camera, 42x5 minutes.

The picture can also be found at www.slilge.de/temp/3310-42x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Looks a lot sharper than the previous version. Seeing was better too it
appears. Now that I have the problem with my frost gradients cured
(heaters installed anyway), I should retake it but there are so many
other things I've not taken and so few nights (raining for the next
week) this time of year I'll have to move on for now.

Rick