Old October 6th 18, 02:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Op-ed campaign smearing SpaceX uncovered

In article ,
says...

How effective would this smearing be, actually? I believe not very. ULA has
tried every dirty trick to prevent SpaceX from launching DoD payloads, but
in the end the cost savings are simply irresistable to the Air Force.

Also, NASA itself has already decided that load-and'go' is viable, so
there's really little use in criticizing the procedure after the fact.

You might want to look at the history behind how the last military air
tanker competition was "won" by Boeing. That was more overt in that
they waged a formal protest, but the politics, lobbying, and etc. have
some parallels. When big government contracts are at stake, Boeing
isn't afraid to fight dirty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KC-X

Jeff