Old October 23rd 09, 04:10 AM posted to sci.space.tech
Earl_Colby_Pottinger

Default ROTON type engines and liquid monopropellants

I would just like to point out that I am not just asking about ROTON
type system for no reason. I am planning to build a test model over
the next month or two.

I just finished working/repairs on my cabin and closed it up for the
winter. My girlfriend dumped me, and the money that I had set for
going on two diffirent cruises was suddenly freed up, so now I have
both free time and spare cash (that rarely happens, one or the other
but rarely both) that will let me start working on this question.

I am already setting up a system to double vaccum the peroxide in my
basement, I should have the silver mesh ordered by the weekend and
hopefully should start material work on the rocket engine in the first
or second week of November.

If I can get something going soon I will post the pictures in my
Flicker account.

PS. All present experiments are to be done with peroxide only! Until
I can nail down all the details; mixing alcohol with hydrogen peroxide
is too dangerous to be done outside an explosive lab.

Earl Colby Pottinger