Old July 17th 04, 09:33 PM
Jaxtraw

"CeeBee" wrote in message
.84...
"Jaxtraw" wrote in sci.astro:

snip

I really shouldn't add to this kind of threads, but recently I heard a
nice description of people obsessed with Moon hoax theories; their
behaviour was called "cultural vandalism".

They're the people feeling the need to scratch their names like in
objects of arts, historical buildings or landmark scientific
performances of human civilization.

Lacking any capability to contribute anything themselves they try to
damage the amazing performance of others with their imprint, with the
idea that hiking with truly gifted makes the hitchhiking vandal a bit
gifted too.

To give us a sad reminder of the fact that there are gifted people and
people without any gifts at all. It may sound as if they're despicable
weren't their behaviour so sad and pityful.

--

I'm reminded of a quote I read recently (tho sadly I can't remember who its
originator is )

"The jealous man believes that if his neighbour breaks his leg, he will walk
better himself".

Ian