Old January 13th 17, 07:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

Default Debbie Reynolds and Space History

Since Debbie Reynolds died a couple of weeks ago, I have not seen anyone talking about her connection with space history. Now I have not been looking very hard, so probably there are people who have discussed it and I just missed it. Everyone talks about her daughter's sci fi space fame, but I'm amazed that no one I've seen paying tribute to Debbie's life has connected that to her own direct significant influence on NASA.

Instead of me jumping into it, I'll invite someone else here to explain it, as I'm sure the story is well known to everyone who has followed NASA closely.

Ideally, Scott would pipe in here to tell this one.

Last month we lost three people who were influential to the space program. The stories of John Glenn and Carrie Fisher are very well covered. And this other story about Debbie should be included in her obit. At least an obit written by anyone who cares about space history.

~ CT