Old January 6th 13, 03:00 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_6_]

Default Simplified Twin Paradox Resolution.

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message ...

You assert that there are a paradox. I take it you mean in the sense
that the theory gives two results for one situation, such that they are
impossible to reconcile.

I challenge you to show that mathematically, rather than just asserting
it. Do not just point at the maths above and claim that it's obvious.

Sylvia.

======================================
As has been proven already, if the twin travels a distance x in the frame of
Earth then the distance xi that Earth must travel in the frame of the
traveller is greater then x. The time for the traveller to move a distance x
is t as measured by the Earth clock, hence v = x/t.
The time for the Earth to move a distance xi is tau, and tau is less than t
as all relativists agree, moving clocks run slow, the traveller does not age
as rapidly as the twin on Earth.
The velocity of Earth in the frame of the traveller is therefore upsilon =
xi/tau and I leave it to the competent school-child to compute the value of
upsilon when v = 0.866c, which
if done correctly shows a clear paradox, upsilon c.
Do not just point at v = upsilon and claim it is obvious.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.