Old March 21st 07, 01:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default SpaceX

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:28:44 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Jeff
Findley" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

A lot of the problems uncovered by STS-1 were damn serious! Look at the
problems caused by the SRB overpressure and the problems related to the TPS.
Also note the foam shedding problem on this very fist flight...

So perhaps Falcon I hasn't been as lucky as STS, but they're working through
the "anomalies" in much the same way.

And much less expensively.

But as others have pointed out, it doesn't bode well for the K-1. RpK
can't afford to have these kinds of failures on their vehicle, which
doesn't seem to be capable of incremental testing. Same problem as
Shuttle.