Old March 2nd 05, 01:43 AM
Pat Flannery

Doug... wrote:

p.s. -- Too bad you're not interested in much contemporary animation,
Pat. I agree that a lot of what's running on Cartoon Network late at
night is awfully lame (seems to have been written by 12-year-olds), but
Family Guy is a truly innovative and funny show.

I've seen quite a few of The Family Guy episodes; it's just at some
point something in the back of my head asked "Are you learning anything
by watching this, or just tossing away half an hour?" combined with "You
are in your mid forties....this is a cartoon like you used to watch when
you were six years old." and I pretty much gave up on television for
entertainment purposes...I'll still watch some shows if I happen to
notice they are running at the time, but don't go looking for them.
Most of the time I'm either watching news shows or prowling around on
the Discovery and History channels and their offspring.

Pat