Old September 10th 03, 07:01 AM
David Knisely

Gaiko posted:

Hi, I am a bit of a (understated) astronomy newbie and was wondering
if Mars was still worth viewing (in MA here). I know the best time
was almost 2 weeks ago but it seems to me that it is still quite
bright, if that is still the case then i thought i would try to get
over to a telescope (one of the observatories around here) and take a
peek.

Yes, it is still worth viewing, and probably will be for at least a month or
so, unless a big dust storm gets going. There are hints of some new dust
activity in the Hellas Basin, so I would get to your local observatory as soon
as you can. Clear skies to you.
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 27-Aug. 1st, 2003, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *