Old March 30th 04, 04:23 PM
Michael McCulloch

Default Hoagland debunked, Creationism stomped, we're on a roll!

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:30:58 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Don't making the mistake of thinking that creationists are just
ignorant; that's too benign a description. One of the foundation stones
of creationism, and part of the foundation of ultra-conservatism
everywhere, is racial hatred (read: fear).

What a completely uninformed and bigoted comment. You are displaying
the exact attitude you accuse.

Most 'creationists' I know, and I dare say the vast majority, are
simple church-going folk that feel the system is indoctrinating their
children to hate religion. Your comment indicates you know very little
about the 'other side'.

I am not a creationist but I can at least have respect for opinions
that might vary from my own. Frankly, I think the teaching of
macro-evolution can wait until high school without risking severe
damage to our children. There are plenty of other science topics to
teach until a later age when parents can feel more comfortable with
addressing the questions of religion vs. science that are inevitably
raised.

Anyway, this is off-topic and I shouldn't have responded, but the
quoted comment was so offensive I couldn't resist.

---
Michael McCulloch