Old July 5th 06, 04:36 PM posted to sci.misc,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.edu,sci.math,alt.math.recreational
[email protected]

Default The Achilles Heel of String Theory.

Virgil wrote:
In article om,
wrote:

Bill Hobba wroteth:
"S D Rodrian" wrote in message
The Achilles Heel of String Theory.

The instant the term "dimensions" ["the number of
elements in a basis of a vector space," "the quality
of spatial extension] is used in any text to describe
anything which might exist apart from our reality
(universe)... you can be certain it is a science-
fiction text, and NOT science (as "the systematic
study of reality").

HINT: If it exists inside our 3-D reality, there is no
need for it to exist outside it.

As you have referred to reality in terms of dimensions, your "3
dimensional reality" is, by your own assessment, relegated to science
fiction.

"One cannot say, 'Him pulled the trigger!'"
--But, gee, Boss: You just said it!

The term "dimensions" is not only used in science and
mathematics but commonly. As in, "the dimensions of
this box are not enough." (I also need a sandwitch.)

But my point stands: It is ALWAYS an absurdity
when anyone limits (sets a number to) "dimensions."
And the number (which number) is irrelevant.

S D Rodrian
http://poems.sdrodrian.com
http://physics.sdrodrian.com
http://music.sdrodrian.com