Old January 18th 05, 02:39 PM

Michael Barlow wrote:
"BllFs6" wrote in message
While it gets that cold in the shade on the Moon, the vast majority of
the moonwalkers time was spent in the sunlight, at closer to +250
degrees.

The suits were white to reflect most of the radiation, and the
internals included a "liquid cooled garment" to remove excess heat from
the astronauts.
Suits designed for Titan would need heat generators.

--=20
JJN

Also...being surrounded by a "cold" vacuum isnt nearly as bad as being
surrounded by a cold gas...

trying to keep warm in a vacuum vs a dense atmosphere is like trying to

keep
warm in cold air vs cold water....

being in titans dense and chilly atmosphere would suck the heat out pretty
fast...but I would be surprised if decent insulation and a heat source

couldnt
keep a titan vistor warm

take care

Blll

-Just an observation-

I brought and read many books to work all relating to the different
sciences of astronomy and physics and someone asked a question about space,
I don't recall the specific question but it mentioned the vacuum of space.
I stated as a matter of fact that he should be thinking the other way
around, Space is not a vacuum, planets and stars are just points that have
higher pressure then outer space. I'm positive that I'm right but yet I see
people here and other space related places that should know better
suggesting space is a vacuum. So, am I right and if so why do the people
that should know better don't know better? And, If I'm wrong, could someone
enlighten me why?

It is all relative. And compared to the atmosphere of Titan,
interplanetary space definetely is a vacuum; while it is not
if compared to intersidereal space, which is not a vacuum if
compared to intergalactic space...

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...07/ai_20517887

-- francois meyer
http://dulle.free.fr/alidade/galerie.php?maxim=12