View Single Post
Old July 30th 18, 06:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

Default Summertime Once More in Gresham

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 2:24:47 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:45:08 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:26:15 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sunny here in Gresham. I slight bit cooler until Sunday when we challenge 100F mark. Now 82F as of 1:15 PM. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 35%.. Another gorge forest fire has popped up near Hood River! There are other fires in southern Oregon. In northern California the city of Redding is on fire! When the wind shifts to the south on Sunday, we should start smelling the smoke from those fires here!

The moon is in full eclipse today, but we can't see it from here.

Double-A

Full moon here and saw it when the Sun was out.It looked the size of a dime Sun the size about 3 times bigger.Still their gravity can lift Earth's water 4 feet in their direction WOW that is a lot of weight.Who said gravity's force of pull was weak.Bert

Sunny and 83F here in Gresham as of 2:15 PM. Wind west at 4 mph. Humidity 36%. A fire rages just south of The Dalles Oregon. The worst fire seems to be in Redding, CA. I remember my wife and I spending a nice comfortable high in Redding one time at a nice motel.

Facebook stock crashed by 19% on Thursday, and Twitter stock plummeted by 21% on Friday over privacy abuses, dwindling numbers of users, and declining revenues! CBSs stock has also dropped as CEO Les Moonves becomes the latest man of prominence to have dropped his pants!

The moved the Farmers market today, and I had to get all hot and sweaty getting to where it now is before it closed! Got beats and romaine lettuce..

Double-A

Sandy and I went for a swim at the Halladay pool.We were the only one in it We sipped white ice wine.Its been hot as hell. We did some heavy shopping,and parted early.When your 90 the heat can make you very tired. Do not see any birds flying.To hot and dry.See a bee type green bug everywhere.I wish I had a net.Bert