Old July 6th 18, 04:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default Oh no, not again

Martin Brown wrote in
news
On 02/07/2018 17:23, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Quadibloc wrote in
:

A former NASA scientists claims UFOs really are alien
spacecraft, and the government has been covering it up...

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/30/ex-na...says-aliens-ex
is t-encounters-covered-governments-7672163/

Noting the source, it's not even worth reading. I'd need a
deposition under oath by the scientist in question that he
actually talked to a reporter from metro.co.uk to even consider
the possibility that he actually exists.

Kevin H. Knuth actually exists as a signal processing Bayesian
statician at University of Albany (as the Metro article
describes).

You weren't under oath when you wrote that, so sadly, I can't take
your word for it.

https://www.albany.edu/ceas/kevin-knuth.php

From his publication record and his Bayesian background I would
expect
him to have been rather more circspect about generating such a
headline - it entirely possible very probably certain he has
been misquoted.

Ya think?

He does have an interest in detecting exoplanets.

They're about as credible as The Onion. About as fictional,
too.

It's a free newspaper in London and fairly reliable. All
newspapers are notoriously unreliable when it comes to reporting
science.

That you find any free newspaper even remotely reliable says more
about you than the newspaper.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland: