Old April 8th 17, 05:16 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

I suspect you will do much better. I consider this one a failure. It has plenty of stars and HII regions I'd normally resolve even this low some would show up. Only one HII region came through well with two others hinted at. No stars were resolved due to the poor seeing. It started great but by even the second red frame it was going down hill rapidly. Was over 5" by the time luminance was taken. Blurring detail in the disk and merging the stars into the disk. Poor transparency just made things even worse. It's on my reshoot list if I ever get decent skies this low.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post
Rick,

that's funny, I just imaged this galaxy (with NGC 5084) at La Palma.
I hope my version turns out as well as yours.

Stefan