Old February 9th 18, 06:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Comet-like object seen moving across the evening sky (but comets don't move a few degrees in a few minutes!)

Mike_Duffy:
Cannot a UAV be a high-altitude surveillance aircraft?

Could be, but with the U2 and SR 71 the ceiling was 60,000 ft or
higher. UAVs operate at much lower altitudes.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_number

Supersonic = Mach 1.3 to 5.0
Hypersonic = Mach 5 to 10

As far as I know there have been no operational aircraft that were
capable of hypersonic speeds. The SR-71 still holds the speed record,
about 2200 mph, or mach 3.

So, how fast are the UAVs that you know and are allowed to talk about?

I'm going to make you google that one I believe that most UAVs are
designed for slow lingering, not fast flyover.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm