Old June 1st 12, 05:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones

Default SpaceX Dragon Capsule Splashes Down in Pacific, Ending Historic Test Flight

Sylvia Else wrote:
On 1/06/2012 6:38 AM, Rick Jones wrote:
SpaceX have an image up on their website in the Updates section now.
I guess the expectation is someone will clean-up Dragons with a
scrub-brush for re-use? The thing looks just as scorched as a Soyuz
to my peanut gallery eyes.

Presumably residue from the heat shield.

Aesthetics apart, does it matter if a less than pristine capsule is
launched when it's reused?

Only from an emotional standpoint I suppose and the effect it has (or
not) on a potential passenger's willingness to board (once we get past
the point of flying steeley-eyed missile-men). Still, I don't recall
Shuttle's looking all that soiled at launch.

rick jones
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision. - Joubert